- 1 bag frozen fries, baked (or your favourite restaurant fries)
Boneless Buffalo Wings:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into chunks
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
If using a bag of frozen fries, bake according to package directions.
For the Boneless Buffalo Wings:
- In a bowl, toss the chicken chunks with 1/4 cup of cornstarch. Place the chunks of chicken on a wire rack and place in the refrigerator to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour your oil into a pot, clipping a frying/candy thermometer to the side of your pot (making sure it’s not touching the bottom) and heat until the oil reaches 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of cornstarch, flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne and water.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and dip in the cornstarch batter, then place in the oil. Fry in batches until brown and crispy, about 4-7 minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- Heat the butter and hot sauce in a heat safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals until butter is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour buffalo sauce over the chicken and toss to completely coat the chicken.
- Pour baked fries onto a serving plate and place chicken pieces on top. Serve with Spicy Aioli recipe, if desired. Enjoy!