Wisconsin Brat & Beer Cheese Dip
This Wisconsin Brat & Beer Cheese Dip is loaded with cheddar cheese, sausage and beer – perfect game day food! Recipe courtesy of McCormick. Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 40 minutes Servings
- 1 pound bratwurst sausages casing removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup beer such as Miller® (headquartered in Milwaukee)
- 1 package McCormick® Pork Gravy Mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cheese curds or shredded white Cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: cooked crumbled bratwurst and chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook and crumble sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat until browned. Drain fat. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Melt butter in same large skillet on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour. Cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk, beer and Gravy Mix with whisk until smooth. Stirring constantly, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Gradually stir in shredded cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in cooked sausage. Spoon into 9-inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese curds.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with soft pretzel bites or pretzel chips. Garnish with crumbled sausage and parsley if desired.