5-Ingredient Apple Crumble
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3½ tablespoons (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted
- optional – 1½ tablespoons old-fashioned oats, chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- To make the apple filling: In a small bowl, toss apples with sugar and cinnamon. Divide apples into 2 individual ramekins, and press them slightly. Set aside.
- To make the topping: Mix flour and sugar, then add melted butter. Mix with a fork, until mixture clumps together into crumbly balls. Mix in oats and nuts, if using. Sprinkle crumble evenly on top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm and top with ice cream if you want (Why wouldn’t You?).